Voice Lesson Reviews and Testimonials
- Aniah K.
- I got into Cab Calloway as a Soprano! Thank you so much for all of your help and support. I am very grateful to have met you, and take lessons with you. I definitely will continue taking lessons with you in the future. Thank You!!
- Tyler G.
- Thank you for teaching me singing lessons over the computer! It's been really fun. We've had some good laughs and I've gotten 1,000 times better with my singing.
- Kate Y.
- Thank you so much for advancing my technique in vocal. I love having you as my teacher and I look forward to further lessons
- Susan C.
- Thanks for all your help!
- Deb L.
- I just wanted to thank you for making choir such a great experience! You made it fun, yet informative. I learned lots. :)
- Jane D.
- "Kathy, the sound of last Sunday's anthem was amazing. You would have been proud--as were we. I got the feeling people would like to do a refresher next year so we'll see about that. We had some good note takers which helped reinforce what we heard from you. Many thanks for your most helpful presentations and exercises."
- Phoebe R. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy is very knowledgeable, helpful and warm."
- Jake G. - 5 Stars
- "Singing is like playing a sport. Except that all the muscles and technique occur inside the body, out of sight.
Kathy has an incredibly attuned ear to listen for exactly what is happening inside your body while you sing, whether you're in her studio or dialing in remotely over Skype. What's more, she seems to have a limitless supply of exercises and tricks to coax the correct technique out of you. Her instructions can connects the sounds in your mind to the feeling of your body creating those sounds for real.
I had been trying to figure things out on my own for years and years, practicing with brute force, listening to and imitating my favorite songs, and finding tips or lessons online and anywhere else. With just a handful of lessons, Kathy had me singing with more power, accuracy, and with greater endurance than I thought possible. She endowed me with a toolkit to craft exactly the sound I wanted out of my voice, expanded my vocal range, and even provided practical tips and tricks to surviving a performance, both physical and mental. I should probably add that I lean towards harder rock and roll with an edge in the vocals, and everything Kathy taught only made that easier to achieve.
I can't say enough good things about Golden Voice lessons!"
- Cathy P. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy Cammett is an exceptional vocal coach who taught my son for several years. She is the consummate professional with a wealth of experience in vocal performance and coaching. She helped my son to refine and strengthen his vocal technique and to enhance his performance style. Also, she provided him with very valuable, targeted guidance when he prepared for musical theatre auditions. David always looked forward to his lessons with Kathy, because she is a sweet, patient individual who has a marvelous sense of humor. We enjoyed the convenience of David having the option to participate in his lessons via Skype. I highly recommend Kathy Cammett to anyone who is interested in improving their singing. She is amazing!"
- Gretchen E. - 5 Stars
- "Wow ! where do I start? I had been singing for many years before I started working with Kathy and didn't realize how little I really knew about singing. Kathy helped me through a vocal injury, and as I continued to work with her, I learned how to sing correctly, how to use my voice effectively, and how to perform each song with emotion. Both my daughter and I took lessons from Kathy, sometimes live and sometimes via Skype, and both formats work really well. Kathy is incredibly knowledgeable and effective, but most of all working with her is FUN -each of our sessions together was filled with laughter. I have recommended Kathy to many people and I would say if you really want to learn to sing, improve your voice, and have a great time, get in touch with Kathy - time spent with her is well worth it!!"
- Orla F. - 5 Stars
- "Singing lessons with Kathy were lots of fun, different to what I was used to and gave me more confidence when it came to auditions. Rather than doing songs we did lots of vocal exercises which I found really beneficial as they helped me understand how my voice worked. Through these exercises I also found that the quality of my voice improved and I now have more control over the sound I make. We were also able to do some lessons over skype which worked really well. Kathy is a fab teacher and really easy to talk to."
- Dave M. - 5 Stars
- "I'm a professional musician and only had the pleasure of studying and performing with Kathy briefly. Her experience, expertise and patience has taught me how to breathe correctly, keep better posture, increase my range and improve my overall vocal performance immensely. Thanks Kathy!"
- Sheils O. - 5 Stars
- "My 15-year-old daughter had an incredible experience with Kathy. She had always been interested in singing but was a little pitchy and nasal-sounding. After several months of lessons, these problems were corrected, and she had a strong voice with a style all her own. She is now doing live solo performances and has gotten great reviews. Highly recommend Kathy Cammett!"
- Julie F. - 5 Stars
- "Working with Kathy at Golden Voice Studio has been an amazing opportunity. Her expertise in our lessons has far surpassed any other lesson I've had. She truly knows the human anatomy and how to use it in a healthy way to become a wonderful vocalist. I will admit I was nervous to try a lesson over Skype, but was blown away in the first few minutes with how well she was able to spot my strengths and work with my areas of improvement. You won't regret working with GVS."
- Kathleen R. - 5 Stars
- "I found lessons, both in person and via Skype, to be incredibly helpful. Ms. Cammett coached me through singing with extreme tonsillitis over Skype before a college audition, and I owe my acceptance to her."
- Elise W.
- "Five Stars"
- Isaac C. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy's lessons were highly personalized. She taught me so much about my voice's unique characteristics and helped me correct my weaknesses while focusing on my strengths. Her understanding of the voice is highly technical but her exercises are simple to follow with a clear purpose. Above all, she's a fun and sweet person who truly cares about her students."
- Becca C. - 5 Stars
- "Ms. Kathy is an amazing voice coach and I would highly recommend her to anyone who was looking for one. The price for her lessons are worth it because she is very knowledgeable about what she teaches. Beyond just singing she helped me in acting and she was just as good teaching this as she was voice. I recommend her lessons to people of any age looking to improve their knowledge and techniques of singing."
- Kayla A. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy Cammett is an amazing vocal coach! I trained with her on and off for about three years, and she truly helped the tone quality of my voice. She helps all of her students understand how to sing correctly, and helps them learn how to apply it in all situations that require singing. On top of being a fabulous vocal teacher, she is extremely accommodating! I moved across the country, and continued my voice lessons with her over skype! She's extremely helpful, and she truly cares about her student's well being!"
- Kim B. - 5 Stars
- "We just love Kathy Cammett and Golden Voice Studio!!!! We couldn't be happier with the voice instruction our daughter received. A complete pleasure working with such a talented & skilled professional."
- Anne L. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy Cammett is an outstanding
vocal teacher! My daughter has been studying with her for 4 years. Because of her lessons with Cathy, Shannon has become one of the top ranked singers in the DE Allstate choir.
She is a wonderful teacher and person and I highly recommend her!"
- Cary R. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy is a remarkable teacher and coach. My daughter has benefited greatly from her teachings."
- Pete N. - 5 Stars
- "We learned of Kathy thru referral by the parent of another client. My daughter couldn't be more pleased. There was quick and noticeable improvement in the caliber of her performances, and that growth has continued over the past two years. Kathy was flexible in tailoring her instruction to Natalie's specific goals, and ultimately has become a confidant and advisor with respect to how to approach and prepare for specific auditions. Moreover, Kathy is at the forefront of some pretty exciting teaching methods. All in all, we couldn't be more happy, or more thankful to the acquaintance who referred us to this wonderful teacher."
- Kristen L. - 5 Stars
- "Kathy was my very first voice teacher in 8th grade. I had the pleasure of working with her through high school. Kathy was absolutely wonderful in teaching me about my voice for the first time, helping me to build confidence, show me all sorts of new repertoire for the first time and prepare for all of my college auditions. I would highly recommend her as a voice instructor."